Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"There is no change!"



It's always great when people show some initiative and try to make things better for themselves. Sometimes this is forced out of necessity, occasionally it's when someone has a brilliant idea that's just to good to pass up, but more times than not it's a proven idea that just different people take turns giving it a try. My wife loves to pull-over every time she see's some little kids selling something on the side of the road. Most of the time it's some sort of lemonade, but once in a blue moon it's something else like:  popsicles, cookies, rocks, and one time it was their artwork - these would have looked great on the fridge if you know the kid, we passed that one up.The other day there was a six year old that had set up a lemonade stand just around the corner from us, now just so you know the younger the entrepreneur the more likely I am at stopping. This little girl was great, not only did we know her but she had a big sign that she was waving and everything. As we pulled over Lori asked if I had any money? I didn't have any change but I knew I had a couple of dollar bills in my pocket. As I rolled down the window we told her we would like some lemonade. She came over to get the money I had stuck out the window and said did you want one glass or two. Boy this little girl was a salesman. It's then that I noticed that it cost .50 cents a glass. We told her one and she walked over to the table to get our drink. Now occasionally I'm a generous guy and leave a good tip, so I decided that this would be one of those times. As she brought us the drink back I told her to keep the change. "Oh I know, there is no change" she said. Unbeknown to me the decision had already been made, the question wasn't if I was going to get any change or not it was just weather I wanted one or two cups. Now if I was at a restaurant I would have paid three dollars for a lemonade, yes it would have been bigger and come with free refills and wouldn't have tasted like it was made by a six year-old, but that day I met the world's next great salesman - and the dollar was worth the laugh and smile my wife and I had on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment