Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bald -

There are a number of sayings about those having baldheads: bald is beautiful, there are only a few perfect heads and the Lord covered the rest of them with hair. I wonder if the guys that came up with these had hair? Tons of people love being bald; it has even become a fad over the past few years – many people shave their heads just to be vogue. If I were to guess I think most of them are hiding the fact it's leaving all by it’s self. Others of us don’t have a choice. I could start shaving the sides of my head and act like I’m bald by design, but doing so would negate what I think is one of the greatest benefit of being bald in the first place. When your bald it takes no time to primp – as a matter of fact in the shower there’s no use changing the soap used to wash my face to the more expensive shampoos my wife uses, that would take effort. Not everybody think like I do! Apparently the hair replacement – cover-up – restoration business is a billion dollar industry. Rogaine, hair plugs, weaves, transplants, wigs and toupees all cost a lot of money, time and in most cases delusional thinking. I’m sure thousands of these procedures are so good that I can’t tell it’s not their original hair. I may be wrong on my conclusions but despite not being able to tell in some cases – I believe they’re in the minority. Maybe these guys really think if they leave work one day and come back the next day with a full head of hair on one will notice. If it helps them feel better about themselves - more power to them. The one I can’t understand is the comb over! Believe me no one thinks it looks good – no one! I sure it started over time to cover–up the slight receding hairline and then evolved as more hair started to leave. Sorry but if you have a comb over - people are lying to you. I’m sure most women would like their men with hair, in shape and rich at least at first. The good ones would be willing to sacrifice these traits for honesty, faithfulness and hard working in a second. The way I look at it if they aren’t I know I wouldn’t want to be with them – of course I’m bald what else would I say. I’ve never had a woman say “man you would be hot if you had hair.” But I guess I’ve never had anyone say “your hot without hair.” Yes you have to be physically attracted to whom ever you’re with, if not it won’t last very long. Thankfully most woman aren’t as shallow as men, and are willing to over look men’s physical faults more than men are willing to do. This must be true, Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett – maybe he’s not the best example he has hair, but I would compare his other feature to mine! This gave everyman in America hope. I guess I could have used the fact my wife married me, that was defiantly an act of mercy. Honestly being bald has never effected me or what I feel about myself, of course my kids would say I don’t ever care to much what I look like or wear for that matter. Socks with sandals – sure! My baldness is hereditary, which is easy to see as all my brother have the same hairstyle. I remember once I heard it your mothers father that baldness comes through – that can’t be true as my dad had lots of hair and my sisters boys are starting to look like me. Then I heard it’s your mother’s brothers that show if you’re going bald or not. In my extended family this theory actually works, now whether it’s a coincidence or if that the way it works it doesn’t matter anymore. What I have is what I’m going to keep, I haven’t heard of many people all of the sudden growing their hair again – unless they start one of those procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment