Thursday, September 23, 2010

100

Ya - the crest, the climax, the reaching of a lofty goal. When I started this hobby, quest or dream I had decided to write a hundred entries - stories or what ever you want to call them. This is it! When I look over the titles there are only a few that I'm not proud of - I have a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. There are approximately fifteen or twenty that I would consider my classics - the ones that make me laugh just thinking of them. This quest started when my loving wife told me that my church talks needed some more spice - that I needed to add personal experiences so they wouldn't be so boring. Then I realised that many of my stories aren't the one's you'd tell in church - I wanted them to be recorded as well. It's also been said that I' m not as funny as I think I am, so I'm not offender that others don't like my stories as much as I do. As far as my fleeting memories allow - all of them are true and happened just like they are written, minus a bit of humor. I have sent copies to many people that are involved and asking them to make corrections if they thought it needed to be done. As I was talking to Lori and my daughter Kamie about the number 100, my mind went to the classic movie scene in the the movie "You've Got Mail" when Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are talking about the e-mail address of her pen pal or secret admirer. Unbeknown to Meg Ryan that person is Tom Hanks and the movie is approaching the time in which this fact will be made known to her. That e-mail address is NY152, they are trying to decide what the number 152 stands for - "he's a 152 years old, he had 152 moles removed and he has 152 pockmarks on his face, 152 people that thinks he looks like Clark Gable, 152 people that think he looks like a Clarke Bar." She then says "152 insights into my soul." Indeed writing stories about your life and experiences is like bearing 100 insights into my soul. Many of these are spiritual experiences, others are poking fun of my shortcoming and mistakes. But for the most part this is who and what I am. The experiences that each of us have are what make us the kinds of people that we are. Not only has this been a journey but in a way it has become a obsession, I have had five different entries printed in the local paper and many others sent to friends and family. Most of them still need to be edited and I'm not the greatest orator. I want to take some time to add pictures and correct the spelling and grammar. I also have decided that the reaching of this goal isn't the end of my journey, but it will continue - hopefully for years as I continue to write and make a fool out of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment