Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dog Magnet

The other day my son read a refrigerator magnet that said, “I’m trying to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.” This is kind of hard for me because I don’t have a dog. I have had one a couple of times in my life but they didn’t turn out so good. I have association with a couple of dogs on a regular basis – every day at work I try to take a break and go for a short walk. Round trip it a little over a mile in length and takes about twenty minutes. I usually always go the same direction and pass by the same houses along the way. At one of these houses I pass a dog each day. Now I don’t want to be the kind of person that this dog thinks that I am! He acts like I’m the scum of the earth; he almost knocks down the fence trying to get me, I’ve wondered on more than one occasion what each of us would do if the wooden fence really did fall over. Is he just a lot of talk or would I be in trouble? Pixar Pictures can out with a new movie called “Up”, it very entertaining and you need to see it in 3D. The main reason to see it in 3D is the cool glasses that they give you. There not the normal papers one – but are made out of plastic and make you look like Men in Black. In the movie the owner of the dogs has invented a collar that allows them to speak in a number of languages. At this house I think the dog would say words that I don’t want my kids to hear. The only good thing that the movie brings out is that the dogs have a very short attention span – this is usually true with my kids but I don’t know if it is with a dog. With a short attention span would he still want to attack me when he realized he was free? Most of us know what a good dog thinks of its owner – there’s a reason they call it mans best friend. They always want to play with you and don’t care what you do for a living, or for that matter what you look like. They do want you to feed them and show affection, this also could be apply to my kids, just show a liitle appreciation once in a while. My wife and I had a dog when we were first married, it was a puppy. After a couple of weeks it got off its leach and ran away and never came back. Maybe it was because of its name, but most likely Zero had no idea what it meant. I had a dog when I was a kid, but with so many of us I didn’t spend a whole lot of time with him. I remember when he died and surprisingly how hard it was on me. Maybe I don’t have a dog because I don’t think I could be the type of person it would deserve. I just hope that my children can look up to me with love and respect and show physical signs of excitement when I come home -even without a tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment